Thursday, January 15, 2009

More things I am learning as I get closer to the top of the hill...

I am more afraid of heights than I thought. I definitely prefer this side of hill.
After having 3 children, my bladder does not function like it once did. Coughing & sneezing are the enemies of my bladder.
Wrinkles are just “war wounds,” and No amount of wrinkle cream and moisturizer will help.
Grey hair will always look better on men than on women.
The older men get, the more distinguished they look. The older women get they begin to “show their age.” What’s wrong with this picture?
I cannot physically force my kids to fall asleep.
I do not need a lot of friends. I just need my best friend, and I so love her.
The relationships I have now are deeper than those I once had.
My mother is not near as stupid as I once thought.
You can still miss someone 10+ years after they pass away.
Presently, my children think I am the smartest, most wonderful Mom in the world. This will not be so in 3 years.
Sitting in a chair, behind a desk all day has a negative effect on one’s backside. When did they start making the bottoms of the chairs smaller???
40 is actually PAST middle-aged.
Having common sense is highly over-rated. It tends to take the fun out of life.
Geepers… I sure was a stupid teenager.
Being senile might have some advantages.
Senior moments are not just for “seniors.”
Sitting in a nursing home having someone care for every need might not be such a bad idea.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, GRAVITY IS THE ENEMY!!!!

No comments: