Saturday, October 20, 2007

Potty Training 101

So, here's the deal... I am going to make several posts over the weekend that are copies from another blog I have. As the Princess, her sidekick, Sir Gripes A Lot and the Royal Court Jester are with their Dad for the weekend, I will have plenty of time to get this up and running. After this weekend, everything will be entirely new. Here we go:

Okay, so yesterday, I FINALLY put my foot down with the little, short, fat thing & decided she would learn to use the potty. However, let me back up a day or two & tell you how I came to the conclusion that it was now necessary...

Sunday, after her nap, I went in to get Matt out of bed. She looks at me and says "Mommy, I poo poo." So, I heave her out of her bed, stand her up and tell her to go to my room so we can change her butt. On her way, she has to go through the playroom. Well, Maggie is sitting on the floor playing. Matt walks up to her, backs her butt up & says "Magdie, wanna smell my hindey?" I thought I was going to fall over laughing. Then she says "Wanna see it?" and proceeds to try to pulll down the back of her pull-up. I finally get her to get still so I can change her butt, and she's fussing & saying "That yucky." I told her it was time to start using the potty. Her reply, a quick "Nope," along with a giggle. So, I decided it was definitely time to force the issue.

Well, yesterday, it was a battle of the wills. I was "yes, you will," and she was "no, I will not." I nice firm spanking on the "hindey," as she pronounces it, and she finally gets the picture. She is now completely cooperative! WOOHOO!!! I'm finally about to get rid of diaper changing, FOREVER! Par-tay!

No comments: