Thursday, July 31, 2008

The "Job"

So, let me tell you a little about my job. My employer shall remain nameless, but I will clue you in on why I look so miserable during the week.

I arrive at work, in da hood in Beaumont, every morning at around 8:30 a.m. I walk in, turn off the alarm, turn off the porch lights, start my coffee, turn on the copier and sit here, alone, until approximately 10:00 a.m. At this time, Mr. Personality comes walking through the door with the usual scowl on his face. He will snippily (is that a word) ask me about messages, and proceed to give me a "you're stupid, go to hell look," while I explain them to him. Then, he walks back to his office and gets online, usually to find out about tennis tournaments. He never speaks to me, unless it is absolutely necessary, and even then, it's with a very gruff tone.

Our office was broken into at the beginning of May 2008, and the microwave was stolen. It is now 07/31/08, and he still hasn't replaced it. If I eat one more sandwich, can of tuna, cold lunchmeat, with cheese and a fruit cup, I am gonna puke!!! As a matter of fact, yesterday, I almost did puke. The twit often leaves for lunch, and has NEVER asked if I wanted/needed anything. BTW - I do not get to take a lunch...

Not to mention the fact that we ran out of paper towels and handsoap in the bathroom 6 wks ago. I have given him a list of supplies, 3 TIMES, and he still has not replaced anything. We are now down to 1 roll of toilet paper, and I'm getting worried. 3 wks ago, we ran out of trash bags. Oh, I forgot to mention one of my duties is to take out the trash ever Monday and roll the can to the street. Yesterday, the water jug on the cooler was empty, and I think it was empty this morning. I honestly think the cheap-skate filled it with tap water. This house/office was built in the 1930's, and I seriously doubt the plumbing has been replaced since then. I really do NOT want to drink the water from the faucet.

So, by now you are asking me why I keep this job. It's simple, I am having difficulty finding a new one, and being a single mother of 3, having a job is absolutely necessary.

Hopefully, now you will understand why, at times, I am not such a happy camper. It is miserable going to a job, where you are treated so crummy and disrespectful. I try to have a good attitude, but as soon as he opens his mouth, that good attitude flies out the window.

I do know that God has great plans for me. I am holding onto the hope of Jeremiah 29:11. However, at times, I seem to loosen my grasp on this one. I know He is in control, and He will provide, but when things seem to constantly be chaotic or miserable, I lose sight of Him. How do you hold onto the hope He gives when you are going through troublesome times? I know it's possible, but I just do not know how...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I like your blog! It is good to know what it going on in your crazy life. I'm sorry your boss is such a tight wad. I hope things get better! love you!