Thursday, July 31, 2008

That's just the way it goes...

I know I have already made a post today, but I felt inclined to post again. Those closest to me know that if it wasn't for bad luck, I would have NO luck at all. It sounds sad, but unfortunately, it's the truth.

I have been so excited that I almost have Bertha (my car) paid off! You have know idea the relief and excitement this has brought me. I have NEVER paid off a vehicle. I have been looking forward to having a little extra money, especially since Miller's birthday is at the end of Sept, and Christmas will be right around the corner.

We are presently receiving Section 8 vouchers for rent. This means that HUD pays a portion of our rent, and we pay the remainder. Well, due to my lack of income at the beginning of the year, my payments were dramatically reduced. After obtaining "gainful" employment, I sent them the updated info. Well, here we are, 5 months later, and I receive a letter from the housing authority stating that beginning September 1, I will be responsible for 1/2 of my rent. That's more than my flippin' car note! That's more than I make in a week!

Obviously, with this, the relief of having a little extra money has been replaced by stress and continued worry about how in the heck I am going to get Miller something for his b-day. Not to mention, the added stress of trying to work Christmas into my budget.

This is literally a case of one step forward, two steps back. Ahhh... This is how we roll...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so sorry to hear that! I know that money problems can be one of the most stressful things to deal with. I'll pray for some kind of resolution.

Heather said...

It seems like money causes more problems than good, doesn't it? I too will pray for resolution.