Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's the Weekend!!!!

Well, I hope this finds everyone enjoying their weekend. I, on the other hand, spent the majority of my day asleep. LOL I am the resident insomniac. I do not sleep much most nights. I generally wake up at least once an hour. Since the kids are gone, I decided to take something with the hope that I might get a better night of sleep. Well, it sort of worked. I still woke up a couple of times, but I went into a coma around 6:00 this morning. I woke, looked at my watch, and thought it said 9:00. Well, it was 11:45. When not wearing your glasses, 11:45 resembles 9:00. LOL I still could not stay awake, so I went back to sleep, until around 4:00. At least I had a chance to relax.

After my last post, I was able to find the good in the situation of the rent increase. At least it will not start until AFTER my car is paid off. That is about the only good thing I can come up with. If anyone else can come up with something, PLEASE, let m know.

As I said before, my kids are gone for the weekend. So, what do I do when they are gone. I sit around and mope because they are not here! I know, it's sad... LOL Since I don't drink, I don't go out and I do not get the chance to meet anyone, I have nothing to do when they are gone. The highlight of my weekend is getting to sleep in, and the option of not getting up early for church on Sunday, which I'm sure God does not appreciate. It's gotten to be a habit that needs to stop. LOL

I guess I will take the time to tell you about my "parenting style." It is not your typical, traditional style of parenting. I absolutely ADORE my children, with every fiber of my being. I am constantly telling them how much I love them and how glad I am to have them. However, that's where the traditional stuff ends. I am not a coddler. I do not believe in running to my children whenever they get hurt. My philosophy is that if there is no blood, no broken bones, nothing protruding out of skin and no vomit, they will survive. Also, I do not believe in whining. We have a saying around my house, that my kids often quote with me: "This is a whine-free zone. There will be no whining, no pouting, no crying, not pitching of fits. This is A WHINE-FREE ZONE." They still whine... You will often here me call my oldest child Blondie, retard, dork, knucklehead, etc. However, it is said with all the love in the world. I cannot tell you how many nicknames I have for this kid. LOL She loves it, and thinks it is funny.

I like to refer to my son as Grump-paw. However, he does not think it is funny. LOL He is the grumpiest little man in the entire world. LOL He prefers to be called noodle or linguine. He is the skinniest, whitest child I have ever seen.

My youngest often is referred to as Monkey or Midget. She has been the smallest of all three of my kids. She is also the most stubborn, independent, hard-headed child, and I have no idea where it came from. She can also be the meanest. LOL

That's just a little about our family. I'm sure you will be hearing more, later.

2 comments:

melanie said...

hehe ... I feel like a zookeeper too! Or maybe it's a referee! Just wanted to send you a big HELLO! I found your blog through Jessica's? Or Heather's? Some other MOPS mama, anyway. :)

Heather said...

I too wanted to say HELLO! I found your blog through Jessica's. :) How are you today, friend?