Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to School!

I know that many of you have children that are NOT school age. However, low and behold, I have all 3 of mine in school! Well, Matt is only for a 1/2 day, but don't tell her she's not big stuff!

Maggie is in 4th grade. She was so excited about going back to school, that when she woke up at 5:45 a.m., she couldn't go back to sleep. She seemed to have enjoyed the first day back, but was not thrilled to learn neither of her best friends are in her class. Maggie has a pretty laid back attitude about school.

Then, there's Miller. He was so excited that he couldn't get to sleep Sunday nite, which meant he didn't want to get up yesterday morning. He's in 1st grade and in the G&T class. He strives for perfection. He does not like to get anything below a 100. Quite a bit of stress for someone so young. At least one of them cares about their grades. LOL

Maggie is extremely intelligent - she had a PERFECT score on the TAKS test, and received a commendation certificate. The difference is, she just does not put as much effort into it. Miller, on the other hand, gets quite upset if he does not get every question correct. I guess I'm going to have to work on this with him.

Now, about Matt. She started Pre-K this year, or as she says "Pee-K." She looked adorable this morning. She had her new Hannah Montana shirt on, hair in 2 ponytails and her Hannah Montana back pack. She was just running to her class after Maggie walked her to the sidewalk. It was absolutely precious! I wish I would have taken a picture.

These moments are so precious. It will not be long before I am having to physically yank the farts out of bed and onto the floor in order to get them to start getting ready for school. There will soon be the mornings filled with dirty looks as I drop them off at their respective schools.

This is the only year I will ever have all 3 kids at the same school. After this year, I will be dropping Maggie off at Middle School and Miller and Matt at the elementary school. By the time Maggie reaches 9th grade, I will have one in elementary, one in middle and one in high school. I think I will paint my car yellow, slap a taxi sign on it and start accepting fares. Maybe that way I can pay for the gas.

I would not trade the adventure for the world. It is well worth all of the stress, heart ache, hard work, etc. Of all the jobs I have ever had, my favorite is simply "Mom."

1 comment:

Jenn said...

this is a great post. I'm glad they enjoyed their first day of school. Can't wait to hear more.