Thursday, August 28, 2008

My kids are funnier than your kids!!!

My kids never cease to amaze me with the things that come out of their mouths. They are absolutely hysterical, even whey they try not to be. Yesterday was a classic...

While driving home from Beaumont with Miller, he was talking (incessantly) to me. He brought up the subject of the school nurse and how she wears the same kind of clothes everyday. I explained to him that it was a nurse's uniform, and she wears it to distinguish her as the school nurse. Then, he proceeds to say: "I think she sleeps at the school." I chuckled (I knew where this was going), and he said "No, really. There are these beds by her office. I think she sleeps there." I had to then inform him that those were for kids that are sick and are waiting for the Mommy or Daddy to pick them up. I thought I was gonna fall over laughing!!!!

Now, onto Matt. We were sitting at th e McDonald's drive-thru and paying for the food, when I hear from the backseat: "Hey, what's your name, gull (4 y/o pronunciation). The girl tells her it's "Sara." We were just about to drive up to the next window when I hear from the backseat: "Hey, what's your name, wittle wady?" Maggie & I were rolling. I chuckled all the way to church, and all nite, when I would think about it.

Okay, so now, it's Maggie's turn. We went to pay the water bill, and Maggie asks me "Hey, Mom. Can we buy an island?" I responded with the typical "Sure, no problem." She starts talking about it and says: "I'm gonna name it Hock-a-loogie." I start laughing and asked where she got that from, and of course it was one of those phrases I had taught her. Anyway, I asked her how she decided to name her island Hock-a-loogie, and she says: "I don't know. Sounds kinda Hawaiian to me." So, anyone wanna live on Hock-a-loogie Island with us? ROFL

I wonder, where do they come up with this stuff???

No comments: