Monday, October 27, 2008

Amazing...

Isn't it just amazing how one change in your life can effect you so deeply?

I am so thankful for my new job. Not only does it pay better, but it makes me feel better. It is so nice to feel appreciated again. It is also nice to hear that I am doing a good job. Even better is that all of this has put a smile back on my face. It's wonderful to know that when people ask me how I'm doing, I can look at them, with a smile and say "I'm doing great."

I knew that my past job had me really down, but I did not realize to what extreme, until I started the new job. I do not spend the entire drive to work with a nauseating knot in my stomach. I do not sit around on Friday nights dreading having to return to work on Monday.

It is absolutely wonderful to be at peace and to once again have hope. I truly feel the promise in Jeremiah 29:11. I know that God is working things out for our good. I am only ashamed that I ever doubted him. I am humbled...

Presently, I am in that place where I "do no worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things..." Matt 6:34. I almost feel "carefree." It's a nice feeling for a change. I'm not sure how long this feeling will last, but I fully intend to revel in it, while I can.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I couldn't be happier for you! Seriously! I knew that you were very stressed out before, I just didn't know what I could do to help besides praying for you. I'm so glad that God has answered your prayers and blessed you with such a better job! Couldn't be happier!

Jenn said...

I am so happy for you. I know that when you feel good about your surroundings it makes you feel good about yourself. My dad went through all this when he changed jobs. It was incredible to watch his self-esteem go from nothing to more than I ever thought possible..lol. I can't wait to hear how you continue to grow through this process. I know God is changing you and growing you in ways you probably can't see yet and that's exciting to me!!

Heather said...

Yeah, Glenna!!! I am so happy you found a great job, and life in general is looking so much better! I am thrilled for you! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!