Saturday, October 11, 2008

Where to begin??? What to write???

Well, I'm sitting here, ALONE, and am having one of those times where I feel the need to let my brain "regurgetate." So, here it goes. This will probably be a long read, so I'll categorize it.

Kids
My 4 y/o is absolutely the funniest, most quick-witted child I have ever known. She is either making crack up, or want to hang her up by her ponytaile. LOL The other afternoon, I asked her what she was doing. She said "Playing with my ding-dang Barbie." Monday, we were @ the window @ Dairy Queen, and they had messed up our Blizzard order. She wanted me to tell them, and I quote: "...to get their head out of their butt." I really need to watch what I say around her. The night we ordered country baskets, I placed the huge bag in her lap. She told me the lady needed to be fired for getting them too hot. I cannot take credit for that one. LOL

Miller has been having a few issues, mainly with school. He is OVERLY intelligent and an OVER ACHIEVER. This sounds great, but it's not. When your child is upset because he made 105 on his spelling test, instead of 106, you really need to begin stressing the fact that we do not always have to be perfect. He has also landed yellow for talking quite a bit, which is odd for him. He may talk me to exhaustion at home, but is usually extremely quiet at school. Yesterday, when trying to find out who he was talking to, he informed me "nobody." Well, apparently "nobody," listens and talks back, or he would not be on yellow. LOL

Maggie on the otherhand is extremely laid back when it comes to school and her grades. She is very smart (she had a perfect score on her reading TAKS last year). However, she considered the 74 she had on one of her papers a good grade. I started chuckling, and so did my Mom. Why were we chuckling? Because it reminded us BOTH of a little girl who had the same philosophy many years ago. ME!

New Job
Well, last Friday, when the previous boss sent me home because I had NO voice and couldn't make phone calls or answer the phone, I decided his comment of "Go ahead and do your time sheet and you can go," meant permanently, so I began my new job on Wednesday. it is sooo nice there. All of the ladies in the office are really nice, and so far, there doesn't seem to be a lot of office gossip. We report directly to the attorneys we work for, and not to the office manager. Basically, she handles the business end of the staff, office, etc. The guy I work with pretty much has the same personality I have. We spoke more in 3 days, than my previous boss and I did in 8 mos. It was a welcome change. It was nice to be at home last nite and not already DREADING going to work on Monday. My whole demeanor has changed. I feel so much more relaxed.

Weight, etc.
I'm sure most of you did not know that I used to be a smoker. I finally quit in January of this year. This will explain to all of you my weight gain since that time. As I am high anxiety, I would smoke basically to have something to do. Now, I no longer to that, and I find myself eating instead. Since Dr. Phil insists we overeat for a reason other than a love for food (LOL), I have decided I eat when I get really lonely. My problem is, I get extremely lonely when the kids are either asleep or not at home. Food, my computer & my TV are my constant companions. I really need to find some things to do when the kids are gone. Plus, I need a hobby for when they go to sleep at night. I'm hoping that when we move in with my Mom, I will no longer dread the quietness, when the kids are not around.

Anyway, my best friend (Dana) and I have decided that we are going to look Hot and FAB-U-LOUS by our 40th b-days. Dana's is in 4 mos. That totally FLOORED me. I could not believe we were that close to "It." Mine is in 6 mos. Holy Doo-Doo! I must make some positive changes in my life before that time. I refuse to be an overweight, depressed single Mom. So, pray that I am able to begin making positive changes over the next 8 mos. I want to lose weight, have a closer walk with God, be a better mother and more financially independent. I also want to begin to work on whatever career it is that God has planned for me. I am still trying to discern that exactly that is...

2 comments:

Michael Paine said...

Sounds like you have alot going on you can lose weight. Bryan and I are doing the same thing. So more power to YOU!

melanie said...

I am SO GLAD you're enjoying the new job so far! I've been watching ... some may say stalking LOL ... your blog for an update! Praying for you with the weight loss thing. I'm there with you. I have that same milestone coming up (nah nah nah, I have 10 mo!) and would love to be healthier by then. :)