Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And they grow up...





Well, my handsome little man lost his first tooth last night. Isn't that just cutest thing you have ever seen?

I cannot believe he is finally old enough to be losing teeth! It blows my mind. I turned around, and there he was - no longer a baby. How in the heck did that happen? Where did the time go? Was I not paying attention and missed out on something? I sure hope not. It just seems like the other day, he was three years old and I had taught him to say he wouldn't put me in an old-folks home when I grow old (he still says he won't - just ask him).


Let me tell you something about being a single Mom. I LOVE IT!!!! I love being with my kids. I love knowing that I have NEVER missed a softball/baseball game, school program, open house, report card, etc. For the last four years, I have not had to share any of the milestones, with anyone. What do I not like about being a single Mom? Not being able to share those milestones with anyone. I do love the satisfaction of seeing them grow and become their own individual person and knowing that I had a large part in it. I love knowing that I am the major influence in their lives. I also love knowing that THEY know Mommy will always be there, no matter what!


I know that to some of you, this might seem a little self-centered, selfish, etc., but everything I do is done with my children in mind. My two most important titles: Woman of God and Mom!

2 comments:

Heather said...

What an adorable picture!

And I must say...you are a terrific mom, doing a great job! You have 3 great, adorable kids!!!

Michael Paine said...

kudo to you!! you are awesome...and so are your kids!