Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bah, Humbug!

Okay, so I thought I would let you in on my thoughts with regard to Christmas music.

I am not very fond of it. Have you ever truly sat still and listened to the words of these songs? They are absolutely retarded! From the day after Thanksgiving, until the day after Christmas, I refuse to listen to my favorite station Christian station, they play Christmas music 24/7 for that month. UGH!!!! So, I am listening to streaming music from AFR (American Family Radio). However, I still get absolutely annoyed when they feel the need to throw in a Christmas song.

Think about the lines to “We Wish You a Merry Christmas…”

“Oh, bring us some Figgie pudding. Oh bring us some Figgie pudding.” What the heck is freakin’ Figgie pudding? Is that baby-talk for fig pudding? If so, who wants to eat that anyway. Besides, I think they sound a little demanding asking for it. "We won't go until we get some..." Can they say "Please?"

Also, think about “I’ll Be Home for Christmas.” “…please have snow and mistle toe, and presents on the tree.” Who the heck puts the flippin’ presents on the tree???

If the kid really did see “Mommy Kissing Santa Claus,” don’t you think he would have been traumatized, hated Santa, hated Christmas and possibly his mother? Besides, don’t you think he would have told his Dad, who then would have told him Santa Claus was not real? The kid would have been traumatized…

Now, what about "Deck the Halls?" I'm sorry, but I would prefer NOT to deck the halls with "boughs of holly." That stuff is pretty ding-dang prickly.

A bunch of lyrical geniuses…

Now, the traditional Christian Christmas songs, I LOVE! "Oh, Holy Night," "Silent Night," "Away in a Manger." Now those writers truly were lyrical geniuses...

1 comment:

A day at the Beach said...

I don't like Christmas music either! I don't even like the O Holy Night. Away in a Manger. I don't know why. Your not the only one. I have found out ALOT of people REALLY don't like Christmas music. But I must say, I DO LOVE when Kara sings Jingle Bells. But then again, its not the song but the baby who sings.