Wednesday, December 31, 2008

You know you are standing at the top of the hill when...

I am heading "Over-The-Hill" this year. My best friend, will get there first, in February, and I will follow 4 months later. I am having a difficult time dealing with turning the big "4-0." However, as usual, I try to find the humor in it.

…To you, Salt ‘N Peppa is no longer just a 90’s rap duo, but the color of your hair;
…Your dream family car is no longer the Trans Am you said it would be when you were a teenager, but the ever-practical minivan;
…You feel for the sweet little old lady who has “fallen and [I] can’t get up,” and think having one of those devices is a good idea;
…It doesn’t matter how cute the shoes are, if they are not comfortable, you are NOT going to wear them;
…Laying down on the bed to zip your jeans is definitely NOT an option;
…Your hairstyle is no longer fashionable, but practical;
…You hear noises coming from different parts of your body, and never realized they were capable of such a thing;
…Your bras are no longer pretty, but functional, in order to help defy gravity;
…You think pretty panties are completely impractical;
…You cringe every time some young punk refers to you as “Ma’am;”

…Your dream man is no longer tall, dark and handsome, but easy on the eyes, gainfully employed, may (or may not) have hair and seems reasonably stable;
…You think President Bush is a rather nice-looking man, and not an old fart…

3 comments:

melanie said...

ROFL ... there with ya, sister!

Micah said...

Rest assured my friend on the edge... there IS life after 40! I'm finding my 40's to be quite freeing actually but dang.. my feet HURT girl! I think I need to go lie down.

ROFL

Michael Paine said...

I am all about the bra LOL defy GRAVITY LOL!doni