Friday, December 26, 2008

"I am blessed..."

"... I am blessed. From when I rise up in the morning, 'til I lay my head to rest..." It's so true. As down and lonesome as I get, I am constantly reminded that I am so blessed. I have three gorgeous kids, a wonderful mother, sweet brothers, a loving church family and so much more.

This Christmas, I was able to do slightly more for the kids. Then, I received a call from some friends at another church that were wanting to help a single mom - Me. I could not believe it. I told them just a little, and they went soooo wwwwaaayyy overboard. I went to the mailbox Christmas Eve morning, and someone had anonymously sent me a $50 Wal-Mart gift card. Then, as usual, I went to my best friend's parents' house for Christmas. I returned with 4 more presents per child. I cannot believe the blessings we receive, when I least expect them.

This was absolutely the best Christmas my kids have ever had. It gives me such joy to see how many people love us and care about us. Sometimes, I feel so undeserving. God constantly uses the people around me to remind me that He is here, and He cares. At times, it is overwhelming, and then, at other times, is it so subtle.

God truly sees each and every need and each and every want. He alway takes care of our needs, and at times also fulfills our wants. God truly is like our earthly father. Our earthly father's take care of our needs, and also fulfill some of our wants. We are all so blessed.

1 comment:

A day at the Beach said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!