Sunday, September 21, 2008

Finally Home...

Well, we got our electricity back Friday, and returned home late Friday nite. The kids were absolutely WONDERFUL the entire time we were gone. I was so proud. Miller was so cute on the way home. He said all he wanted was to get in his own bed.

Our home was fine. We just had some rathr large (tree size) branches snap off the trees. Our trees are really old. Anyway, the kids and I moved a lot of the smaller branches. The majority of what's left are the larger ones, which some men from the church will cut.

My heart is truly with my friends and family whose homes were damaged or a total loss. I feel so helpless and wish there was something I could do. How do we help them pick up the pieces? I know it's all just "stuff," but this stuff holds a special place in most peoples' hearts. There is a difference between a house and a home - a house is the place you live and a home is not only the place you live but the place that lives in your heart. It's that place where you feel comfortable and safe. The place where, when you go there, you know you belong there. To lose a home is like losing that sense of safety, peace and belonging. I have been there, but mine was not lost to a storm...

The boss' office was not damaged (unfortunately), but is still without power. I am somewhat glad, because I am not ready to go back to work for him. Just the thought of it makes my stomach turn and makes me nauseated. I am more than tempted to not even return. I have filed for emergency unemployment, but it will not pay much. I am going to spend this time searching for something else that will provide for us. Please pray that God leaves me in the right direction.

Also, we will soon start packing up and getting ready for the move back to Mom's. We will be moving to her house after the first of October, once my nephew has moved to California. Let the fun begin! You know what bites? Trying to pack up a family of four BY YOURSELF!!!! It's stressful, exhausting and overwhelming. I also ask that you pray for peace for all of us both during and after the move.

I feel like I'm rambling, but I have so much on my mind. My next concern is for my older brother out in California. He is going through an EXTREMELY messy divorce. Unfortunately, his 2 children from this marriage are having a really rough time with it. My 12 y/o nephew refuses to go to his mother's. My 7 y/o niece is not too keen on going to her mother's, either. Presently, my brother has custody of both of them. Let's pray it stays that way. I so wish I could be out in California with them.

No comments: