Saturday, September 6, 2008

Maybe this time will be better...

As most of you know, my kids and I have been struggling financially, ever since I was laid off from a job, which I loved, last April. Unfortunately, I am working at a job I absolutely hate, for a boss who has ZERO respect for me as an employee, nor as a person.

Prior to moving out 2 years ago, the kids and I had lived with my Mom, 2 teenage nephews & their dog. That's 7 people and one annoying mutt living in a 3/2 1/2. Not a lot of fun... Presently, my younger nephew has moved out of Mom's, and the oldest one is finally getting to go live with his Dad (the mutt will go too). I will miss him terribly, but I am thrilled he FINALLY has this opportunity. In light of this, my Mom has made me the offer to let the 4 of us, and our dog, move back into her house. This will not only help us, but will help her as well. I will be able to help with her utilities, laundry, etc. In turn, we will be able to afford to do a little more. This time, she has agreed to allow me to make some changes, so we will feel more at home. Plus, they will help when it comes time for her to sell the house.

All that being said, I'm really scared. I do not want my Mom and I to get back to that awful relationship we had when the kids and I were there before. I am also afraid I am trading one crummy living situation for another. Not having to worry about all of the bills will be wonderful, as will having some adult company. I just do not want to end up with an entirely new set of stressors.

I have discussed the move with Maggie and Miller, and they were both happy about it. I knew Maggie would be, but I was sure Miller would have an issue with it. However, he had a huge smile on his face. I think they are just happy that we will be in a decent home again - our house is kind of a dump. Maggie is excited about having more than one bathroom. LOL The kids will all sleep in the same bedroom - the girls have bunkbeds - but I think we can do this. BTW - does anyone know if it's possible for a tiny 4 y/o girl to jump from the top bunk to the ceiling fan? I can just see this happening @ Mom's. LOL

So, if I do decided we should do this, here is my requests - prayer! Please pray that this situation will work for ALL of us. Pray that God blesses this time in our lives and that we are all able to live together in peace.

2 comments:

Heather said...

WOW! You go girl! I could never live with my dad as an adult! I will pray for you that it works out well, and this is a financial and family blessing!

Jenn said...

I know you said it would be difficult but think of it this way...you are both different people than you were before so maybe it will be different living together. Plus she is letting you change stuff..that's pretty cool!