Sunday, September 14, 2008

My prayers are with you...

Hello, ladies! I wanted to let everyone know that we did leave. We are in Dallas, staying with a friend of my Mom's. I am so thankful that she was so willing to open her home to us. I know the kids and I are quite and imposition. However, she has been more than gracious. The only down side is that my sweet Prissie Dog is having to stay outside. Since Prissie has never been told she is a "dog," she is quite traumatized. LOL I also miss her company around the house.

I do know that God must have truly had a hand over Nederland, as I believe we suffered the least damage. However, there is one family in our church that we need to be praying for - Kathryn and Bryan Alvis. Their home in LaBelle is in the back of the same subdivision as my cousin, right off Hwy 365. The Alvis' home is close to the bayou, which flooded. My cousin has 4 feet of water in her home, which is at a higher elevation than the Alvis'. This means it is likely the Alvis' home is flooded, as well.

Please remember to pray for one another, especially those that were in the flood areas.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to bring you hope and a future."

1 comment:

Jenn said...

wow...thanks for the update. I will continue to pray for the Alvis's. Keep posting updates as you hear them. praying for you!!